воскресенье, 19 октября 2008 г.

baptist prayer




As many friends who have seen my Facebook and Myspace pages know, I make frequent mention of staying up too late and paying for it afterward.

This journal is aptly titled:� I am, truly, a morning person.� Iapos;m alert coherent within 10-15 minutes of waking -- I�often forgo coffee and get right on the Internet.� People who know me have long since given up saying things to me like "I canapos;t believe youapos;re up and posting at this hour (6:15 a.m.-ish)"� But I guess parenthood did that to me.� I used to love sleeping in until after 10am and then kind of wasting the entire day.� But parenthood cured me of that, and I have no regrets about it.� Mornings are a lovely gift most of the time.� My up-and-at-apos;em style continues once I get to work -- I probably get my best work done during the first 2 hours of the day.

Some people, I think, start their day with little energy but then build it up as they go.� Iapos;m the other way: I start out with tons of it, and it dwindles during the day.�

This is why I should NOT stay up past 10:00pm or so, even on weekend nights, since I�always have to get up at the same time to get my DH off to work. �

But I do.

Too often.�

11pm, midnight, 1am, none of these bedtimes are unusual for me.� Midday naps often help, but how typical is it for the outside world in the form of the phone to respect my biological needs?

But it needs to stop.� And I need to develop the self-discipline to call it a night without resorting to cheats such as sleeping pills.�

My dad was the consummate morning person.� Driving on the Long Island Expressway made him very nervous; he hated fighting traffic, so he got up around 3a.m., did the hygiene and grooming thing, then set out just after sunrise.� When he got home, usually between 6 and 7pm, he ate, watched a tiny bit of TV and then went to bed.� And woe unto anyone who dared wake him.� He expressed frequent disapproval of nighttime activities.� And of course, me being a youngun, I dismissed his ideas.�

Itapos;s still hard to maintain consistent early-to-bed patterns, mainly because I feel like that makes me "uncool."� The coolest people I�know are night owls. �Being a night person suggests sophistication and a spirit of adventure.� Being a morning person somehow seems so priggish� So I-must-get-to-work-and-be-a-productive-citizen.� Bleah.�

But that is me, and I need to respect my nature more than I have.

And on that note, I am, truly, off to bed.

Good night and have a pleasant week.

curets egg, baptist prayer, baptist prarie youth, baptist population religion religion religions.com, baptist polity.



Комментариев нет: